Temporary Foreign Worker Program Canada

Canadian Immigration and Recruitment Consultants in Surrey, BC

  • Under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, employers may hire:
  • To qualify for the Temporary Foreign Worker program
  • To work in Canada under this program

Temporary foreign workers through the following streams:

  • High-Wage Workers
  • Low-Wage Workers
  • Global Talent Stream
  • Foreign Agricultural Workers
  • In-Home Caregivers
  • Foreign Academics

Employers who wish to hire a worker through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program must obtain an LMIA demonstrating that they were unable to find a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident for the position.

Applicants must:

  • Have a job offer from a Canadian employer. In most cases, the employer who has offered a temporary position will need to apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment to get permission from the Canadian government to hire a foreign worker.
  • Not be inadmissible to Canada for any reason. Individuals can be inadmissible to Canada for criminal, medical, or financial reasons.

Individuals must apply for a work permit from Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). The work permit under this program is valid for a set period of time (maximum 1 year) and will be tied to a particular employer.


Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid