Spousal Sponsorship Canada

Canadian Immigration and Recruitment Consultants in Surrey BC

  • Spousal Sponsorship Eligibility
  • Income Requirement

You can sponsor your spouse, partner, or dependent child if:

  • You are at least 18 years old
  • You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
  • If you are a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show that you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to
         sponsor become permanent residents.
  • You can’t sponsor someone if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
  • You are able to prove that you’re not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability
  • You can provide for the basic needs of any persons you want to sponsor

You only need to show that you have enough money to meet the income requirements if:

  • you are sponsoring a dependent child that has 1 or more dependent children of their own, or
  • you are sponsoring a spouse or partner that has a dependent child, and their dependent child has 1 or more children of their own.


Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid