Federal Skilled Worker Program Canada

Canadian Immigration and Recruitment Consultants in Surrey, BC

Canada’s flagship immigration program for workers allows the country to welcome thousands of skilled professionals each year, depending on their ability to become established in Canada’s workforce. It has a minimum requirement for the following criteria:

  • Skilled work experience
  • Language ability
  • Education

You must meet all the minimum requirements to be eligible. Once you meet all the minimum requirements, the application of the candidate is assessed based on:

  • Age
  • Education
  • Work experience
  • Valid job offers
  • English or French language skills
  • Adaptability

 Minimum Requirements:

  • Minimum Requirements:
  • Student Work Experience:
  • Language Requirement:
  • Education Requirement:
  • For international applicants
  • Proof of Funds

Skilled work experience consists of the candidate having experience in any one of these NOC job groups:

  • Managerial Jobs (Skill Type 0)
  • Professional Jobs (Skill level A)
  • Technical Jobs and Skilled trades (Skill level B)

Skilled work experience must be

  • Your primary occupation
  • Within the last 10 years
  • Paid work
  • At least one year of continuous work or 1560 hours in total (30 hours per week)
    1. Full time at 1 job: 30 hours per week for 12 months
    2. 15 hours per week part-time for 24 months which is the same as 1560 hours
    3. Full time at more than 1 job: 30 hours per week for 12 months at more than 1 job, which is 1560 hours.

Work experience gained while you were studying in Canada may count towards the minimum requirement if the work:

  • Was paid by wages
  • Was continuous
  • Meets all the other requirements of the program

The current requirements are:

A minimum score of  

  • CLB 7 for speaking, listening, reading and writing

You can take either of these approved language assessments for testing English

Your language test results are valid for 2 years and must be valid on the day you apply for permanent residency.

If you have a Canadian education, you must show proof of a certificate, degree, or diploma from a Secondary school or Post-secondary institute.

  • Completed Certificate, Degree, or Diploma 
  • ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) for immigration purposes from a designated organization.

You must show proof that you are able to financially support you and your family while in Canada.


Quick Inquiry

Quick Inquiry Form

✓ Valid