Quebec immigration invites 502 candidates in a new Arrima draw
Quebec invited 502 immigration candidates to apply for permanent selection on August 19.
The Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration (MIFI) invited candidates from the Quebec Regular Skilled Worker Program (QRSWP). The invitations were issued through the province’s online registration portal, Arrima.
Candidates were required to have registered an Expression of Interest (EOI) profile in the Arrima portal, in order to be considered in this draw.
To receive an invitation in this draw, candidates needed a minimum score of 548.
So far in 2021, Quebec has held 7 draws and has invited a total of 1,561 immigration candidates to apply for permanent selection.
By submitting an EOI, it allows Quebec to select candidates who are interested in immigrating and settling in the province. Quebec will select and invite candidates based on the province’s labour market needs. Candidates must be from one of the seventeen (17) occupations that is on the list of targeted occupations. See the end of the post for a list of the seventeen (17) eligible occupations with their National Occupational Classification (NOC) code.
The QRSWP is dedicated for skilled workers who are likely to establish themselves economically in the province. Typically, international graduates and skilled workers try to immigrate through this program.
Candidates invited in this draw now have six (6) months to apply for permanent selection. Once successful, candidates will receive a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ). This allows candidates to apply for permanent residence to the Canadian federal government.
Listed below are the 17 targeted occupations from this draw.
- NOC 0213 – Computer and information systems managers
- NOC 2133 – Electrical and electronics engineers
- NOC 2141 – Industrial and manufacturing engineers
- NOC 2147 – Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- NOC 2171 – Information systems analysts and consultants
- NOC 2172 – Database analysts and data administrators
- NOC 2173 – Software engineers and designers
- NOC 2174 – Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- NOC 2175 – Web designers and developers
- NOC 2241 – Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- NOC 2281 – Computer network technicians
- NOC 2282 – User support technicians
- NOC 2283 – Information systems testing technicians
- NOC 5131 – Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
- NOC 5223 – Graphic arts technicians
- NOC 5241 – Graphic designers and illustrators
- NOC 6221 – Technical sales specialists – wholesale trade