International Graduates and Essential Workers: Apply for PR on May 6
International graduates and essential workers in Canada will have three new pathways to permanent residency next month.
The Minister of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), Marco E.L. Mendicino, announced a new pathway to permanent residence for over 90,000 essential workers and international graduates who are actively contributing to the country’s economy.
The new programs will be for temporary workers employed in hospitals and long-term care homes and those on the front lines. As well, the new programs will be for international graduates from Canadian educational institutions.
Applications open on May 6, 2021. IRCC has created three (3) streams in which applications will be open for:
- 20,000 applications for temporary workers in healthcare.
- 30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations.
- 40,000 applications for international students who graduated from a Canadian educational institution.
Applications will be open until November 5, 2021, or until the limits are met.
To be eligible, workers need at least one (1) year of Canadian work experience in a healthcare profession or another pre-approved essential occupation. Essential Workers need a Canadian Language Benchmark of 4.
As an international graduate, to be eligible candidates must have completed an eligible Canadian post-secondary program within the last four (4) years, no earlier than January 2017. All International Graduates need a Canadian Language Benchmark of 5.
All applicants need to have taken the IELTS exam.
Graduates and workers must have proficiency in one of Canada’s official languages; meet general admission requirements; and be present, authorized to work and working in Canada at the time of their application. Candidates must be residing in any Canadian province other than Quebec.
We are here to help with your PR application.
If you have any questions about eligibility or requirements we can help you!
At Swift Connect, we have immigration consultant experts who want to ensure your PR application is approved.
Call us today to book an appointment: (604) 503-9446
What we will do:
- Review your current profile with a view to avoid misrepresentation.
- Provide guidance in preparing and collecting your supporting documents.
- Take our time to avoid mistakes that cause delays or application refusals.
- Maximize your chance of submitting your application as soon as possible.
- Assist in submitting the application on May 6.
- Inform you of any updates we receive.
- Provide you with the tools and resources needed to find work.
- Treat you with the respect and kindness that you deserve.