Quebec opens applications for two new permanent immigration pilots
Quebec has started accepting applications for their pilot programs for orderlies and food processing workers.
The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announced the opening of the Permanent Immigration Pilot Program for Orderlies on March 31.
The pilot program will run for up to five (5) years, will select up to 550 principal applicants who work as orderlies. The program is intended to help Quebec address the critical shortage of health care workers.
The application intake period for the pilot program began March 31 and runs until October 31, 2021.
The pilot project is aimed at temporary foreign workers who are working as orderlies, nurses aides, and patient service associates – National Occupational Classification (NOC) code 3413. Applicants must be working in Quebec and be fluent in spoken French.
There are two (2) streams under this pilot program: Work and Work-Study.
The Work Stream is for applicants who must:
- have a diploma related to the field of an orderly, which was obtained following a one-year, full-time study program that corresponds to a Quebec diploma of vocational studies; and
- have at least twenty-four (24) months of work experience as an orderly during the three (3) years prior to the application date; or
- have worked at least twelve (12) months in a health profession related to basic personal care outside Quebec and at least twelve (12) months as an orderly in Quebec during the three (3) years preceding the application date.
To be eligible for the Work-Study Stream, candidates must:
- have graduated with a Quebec diploma of vocational studies leading to the occupation of an orderly during the two (2) years before the application date;
- have at least twelve (12) months of work experience as an orderly in Quebec, acquired during the two (2) years preceding the date of submission of the application, and after the completion date of studying; and
- have successfully completed the Institutional and Home Care Assistance study program and graduated with a secondary diploma od vocational studies.
Quebec also opened applications for the Food Processing Workers Pilot Program on March 24.
The program provides a pathway to permanent immigration for temporary foreign workers who hold eligible jobs in the food processing sector. Candidates must be currently employed in Quebec in eligible occupations in the food processing sector and have intermediate knowledge of French.
The Food Processing Pilot Program is accepting application between March 24 and October 31, 2021.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- hold a high school diploma or professional studies diploma from a program in Quebec;
- have an eligible full-time job for at least twenty-four (24) months in an eligible sector in Quebec during the three (3) years preceding the application date; and
- demonstrate knowledge of oral French at level seven (7), according to the Quebec scale of French proficiency levels for adult immigrants.