IRCC Canada has announced several significant changes to help the international student in Canada
IRCC Canada has announced several significant changes to help the international student in Canada. International students offer huge social and financial benefits which is the reason Canada looks to pull in them to the nation. Before the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, Canada hosted more than 640,000 worldwide understudies.
The pandemic has significantly affected international students and Canadian institutions and communities that have them. This is the reason we have executed a progression of measures to help them. We esteem the commitment of youngsters looking for top-notch education in Canada, and we're bending over backward to limit how current difficulties influence their plans and dreams for the future-
Said The Honourable Marco E. L. Mendicino, P.C., M.P., Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.
Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) said that it will help international students as follows:
- You can now include the time you apply for a study permit, rather than when you were approved for one, towards a future post-graduation work permit. Students must eventually be approved for a study permit and complete more than 50% of their program in CA.
- IRCC will also provide priority processing for students who have submitted a complete study permit application.
- In addition, the IRCC has announced that they will approve study permit applicants in 2 stages: eligibility and admissibility.
- If you pass the eligibility stage (showing that you have been accepted at a CA learning institution, have the available funds, etc.) you will be notified of a 1st stage approval.
- Students receive final approval once they meet all admissibility requirements, including submitting necessary documents such as biometrics, an immigration medical exam and a police certificate
Source : IRCC Canada